I haven't blogged for a while and that's mainly because of two things.
Firstly (and most importantly) I got married and then had a two week honeymoon in the Maldives. It was lovely and I managed to avoid using computers for the whole time we were away. Bliss. I hate computers. :)
Secondly, I've been working hard on Arum's flagship product, Arum DataEye and I am happy to report that we successfully deployed v1.0 of the software to our first of many customers yesterday.
Arum DataEye is a near-real time, management information, dashboard and alerting system build on Solstice which, as readers will know, combines Flex and OSGi to enable rich modular Internet applications. As such, we can deploy new components for the dashboard as well as provide a dynamic integration layer simply by providing new bundles. This also means we can customise the application for a customer's specific needs without affecting the entire code base. Existing customers can rest assured that they'll receive the latest code as part of their support agreement without having to worry that another customer's specific requirements will affect their system.
For those interested in Solstice, an alpha version of Solstice can be downloaded from Arum's website and I'll be updating this in the next couple of weeks with the production version we deployed yesterday. I'll also be providing some much needed documentation and an example application for interested people to dissect.
My workload for the next few weeks mainly involves designing and implementing the integration bundles for our customer before we go live in October as well as making a concerted effort on the book I've been promising to write for a couple of months.